On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

We can all do this one

Yesterday afternoon, while we were driving home from the San Francisco Zoo, I was listening to the radio and heard about a website we all need to be frequenting. It's www.freerice.com and is designed to give us all an opportunity to feed the hungry worldwide. You don't need to register or anything, just sign on. You will be given a vocabulary word with four definitions. Click on your choice and you'll get another word. Each correct word gets 10 grains of rice to a hungry person. The rice is paid for by the advertisers - you'll see them on the screen. You can play as often as you like and for as long as you like. I think there are 48 levels of play -- I've gotten as far as 46 -- and, with a little addiction going - the game is addicting -- hope to reach the top. If you miss a word the game will drop down a level until you get another word right. So.....you will learn and someone else will be fed. How great is that! So sign on -- www.freerice.com -- and let me know if you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails