On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Beulie goes to the San Francisco Zoo

It was a drizzly day in San Francisco today but we enjoyed an outing at the zoo anyway. Beulie has absolutely ZERO prey drive, a good sign. (If you're sitting in a wheelchair you don't want a service dog who takes off every time she sees a cat.) Here are the photos to prove it. ;>)



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Hi There,
    We have many things in common, blogging, CCI, you're already a drawer (I'm a wannabe), and I just returned from early morning shuttling my friends to the 3day cancer walk in san diego. they're strongly trying to talk me into doing it next year. i've pleaded my teaching job in the past, but retired in june so they're planting the seed.
    I'm in between pups, but that's where I saw your blog mentioned - on the miracle ring. I'm getting a Breezey pup in two and a half weeks.
    If you go to my blog, please check out my last two links, for jane lafazio and danny gregory, two of my artist idols! I'm going back to check your book list to see if we match anywhere there.
    I like the way you have yours listed, but I do also kind of like library thing.
    more soon,
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann -- Thank you so much for your comments. I'm already an avid Danny Gregory fan and participate regularly on his Everyday Matters site. I also have Library Thing. So...it seems we have LOTS in common. Enjoy your new puppy!- Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails