On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

A little haunted



Twice a year artists all over Sonoma County open their homes and studios to ARTrails. My daughter and I visited two such venues this afternoon -- a photographer who hand tints his own photos and a cut paper design artist. I got new ideas for projects of my own and hope to check out several additional sites in the spring. Just the driving was spectacular today -- bright red trees everywhere. With the unusually early rain last week and the colder than usual temperatures the colors this fall have been vibrant and inspiring. I don't remember any recent fall in this area being quite this gorgeous.

This evening, in keeping with the season, I collaged the "ghosts" that reside in my own internal home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails