On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Greetings from the blue skies of northern California. After days of rain the air quality is pristine, there's a slight breeze and everything feels...well, pure. Steve and I took the three dogs for a walk and lunched with the tourists.

Last night I finished reading a wonderful little book, A LIFE IN HAND, by Hannah Hinchman on the art of the illuminated journal. I don't know why the publisher has allowed this book to go out of print but I was able to request it from our public library and read it in two evenings. I kept wanting to put it down and do some journaling and drawing of my own....which is what I did after we got home this afternoon. One of her suggestions is that, when you go for a walk, find something to bring home to draw. Such a simple idea...and it works. There are so many acorns on the ground this fall that we crunched in places while we walked.

And then, first thing after getting in the front door -- the dogs fell asleep and I added a page to my Moleskine.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:42 AM

    Nicely rendered acorns. I'm glad the book inspired you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails