On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, September 30, 2007

A few little stems

After some major cleaning I sat down in front of CNN and took a few minutes to sketch the coleus stems I have rooting in a water glass. I used watercolor pencils. No, the glass is not on a tilt - that's my drawing flaw....

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I think your drawings are great. Sometimes its hard to see the progression of your work when you see it all the time and are so close to it, but I think your drawings are getting better and better! I really like the penguin one and the second pear one you did, and I really respect you for doing some drawing everyday and trying to improve. I've lost count of the number of times i've said to myself 'I should draw everyday' or 'I wish I could draw better' and then done nothing about it! So keep it up, and thanks for sharing your journey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:36 PM

    I have to agree with Sarah. You're progressing nicely. This is another nice piece in your daily practice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails