On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Signpost or monument?

I was in a dreary mood at one point this afternoon and drew rocks in the shape of a cairn. Cairns can be for almost anything.....what was mine about?

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Enjoyed reading about it. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:56 AM

    Nice job with the shading and the lines. Also - the proportion is quite nice too. Cheers! Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...to mark the triumph of creativity over dreariness. As you said, "cairns are sometimes directional markers".

    It is all so fragile, momentary, and ambiguous anyway...might as well build 'cairns' for all different reasons.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:06 AM

    This is very well done. Sorry to hear you are having dreary thoughts. Health problems tend to do that to us. Maybe I'm morbid, but I think about death a lot. Cairns and their origins are fascinating. My family is of celtic ancestry so I know a little of them. I find them charming and interesting. Be well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails