On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday, finally




Finally, after ten days of commuting to various activities, appointments and events, I have a free day. I need to catch up with everything - cleaning, organizing, reading, cooking, you name it, all the activities of everyday life.

This morning, after getting a much needed hair trim, I parked myself and Beulie in the closest Starbucks for 90 minutes of down time and drawing. There wasn't much in there to sketch! I could have moved and found a better angle. I could also learn how to draw faces because lots of faces went in and out during that time. But I did neither, just sat and drew with my Micron pen and watercolor pencils. I drew the building next door, one of the blue ceiling lamps, two chairs and Beulie's back legs.

Although I was disappointed in the results, I was thrilled to be there and to be drawing something, anything, after a rather unproductive week. I don't want to let time escape from me like that any more. What I realized is that this new habit I've created, daily drawing, is important to me and a missed day feels like a day unlived.

3 comments:

  1. I like your grid! It has a really clean and graphic quality to it . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches! I can recognize that distinctive starbucks light fixture anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:49 PM

    At least you drew! Even if you weren't inspired. These are good, little sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails