On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Turtles flop but I hop

If this turtle looks soft and squooshy, like it couldn't possibly stand up, I got it right. It's plush, something for a small child to hang onto and was fun to draw. I focused on getting the contours right but then I just had to add color so I used watercolor pencil. All the while I was listening to a wonderful CD, new to me, "Napa Valley Moonlight Serenade" by composer Louise Canepa. The piece, "Deer Grazing" is my new favorite.

3 comments:

  1. Very fun sketch...great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contour drawing and I love the color and yes, I can see the plushness of this one. I also like your attitude. Fourteen year survior here. Wishing you continued good health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:46 AM

    Yep, you did capture the plush softness and squishiness of it. You did a wonderful job with this. After everyone else goes to bed seems to be a good time for me to draw also. I can really focus, and it's not that there's no one around. It's the time of night. After midnight is the most creative time to work. But, it is also when the body detoxifies itself while we are sleeping. So, unfortunately, I always try to be in bed at that time. Oh, to be young and running on adrenaline again! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails