On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Polka Mona

When it comes to accuracy in drawing, I still have a lot of difficulty with eye-hand coordination. One of the best exercises I use to address this is copying upside down line drawings. I found a line drawing of Mona Lisa on the Enchanted Learning site, flipped it upside down and did my best. It was tedious work - so I had to have some fun with it when I was finished. I would be doing myself a great favor if I repeated the exercise many more times.

2 comments:

  1. I love this drawing! Like Da Vinci crossed with picasso! Have you ever seen a book called 'drawing on the right side of the brain'? It's a really good read and has lots of drawing exercises along with explanations of why our brains work the way they do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contour and blind contour drawings can help with eye-hand coordination, too. Blind contours especially because they force your left brain to quiet and allow your right brain to dominate and get you into the zone. Doing a couple of 5, 3 and 2 minute blind contours as warm-ups before you draw will improve your eye-hand coordination considerably. You are doing well, though practicing daily. It will come to you. Be patient with yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails