On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Doodle diary



One of our class assignments all semester was to keep a doodle diary at least three times a week. I found this very difficult, my biggest problem being that I was afraid of the huge, enormous paper we were to use (14"x17"). But the semester is over now and my goal is to improve my drawing skills this summer and to fill at least one sketchbook. I drew a small sketch earlier today and it was beyond awful so I got discouraged and that's when the idea of utilizing my doodle diary came in handy. Since it's only doodles it doesn't have to look like anything or be good enough or even be finished. I did notice that a few little rules came up almost immediately -- that I would fill the page, use dashes like thread lines and it would be colorful. I guess it's hard for us human types to not have rules.

Anyway, while I was doodling I was grateful that today the local adult school summer schedule came in the mail. There are lots, LOTS of art classes that I can take - both Saturday workshops for one session and 8-week classes. The longer ones are even free to seniors (that's me). So I continue to be hopeful and I continue to fill the pages even if it's just.....doodling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails