On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reason for hope?

I may have confused some of you with my last post. Rascal was born a few houses away and came over to visit. Her current family is a volunteer breeder for Canine Companions for Independence. After eight weeks the newly whelped move on to a volunteer puppy raiser for about 16 months, after which they stay on campus to work 6-9 months with the professional trainers.

Today was a quiet day, mostly spent reading.  Tomorrow I see onc, always a bit nerve-wracking because he has access to numbers that don't post on my online chart.  They never post the CA-15, the marker I care about most.  Currently it is rising, but I have only had two of the new treatments. I am unaware of side-effects, I'm happy for that.

2 comments:

  1. Let's hope the numbers are good. Praying and crossing my fingers too!

    I didn't figure you were keeping the pup. It's too hard with a broken arm and sleeping as much as you say you have been to try to keep up with a pup. Still you'd been wanting to hold one and now you got to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara. Are you doing okay? You usually blog sooner than this so I am wondering.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails