On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Life can be so frigg'n sad...

We made this a quiet day at home on purpose. It was beastly hot outdoors but the A-C was on so I never noticed.

Steve brought me the local newspaper this afternoon where I, sadly, learned that a friend had just died of MS. I was so sorry to receive that information.

For five years she and her husband hosted a doggie play group for seven local dogs who originated from Canine Companions for Independence - including our three labs. It was a generous act because it involved keeping two acres neatly mowed, apples picked up, etc. for our Wednesday appearances. The group ended when her service dog died suddenly and unexpectedly of a massive heart attack.We were all totally bereaved.

Death seems to be just about everywhere these days, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. It has been a challenging time for a lot of people. Many are suffering and I am sorry to hear about your loss. It not easy losing a good friend! My sympathies. She sounds like a real special person.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails