On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Living upward

I didn't expect to do it, but I actually walked my second half-mile with Steve tonight - and Brix and Demi.  I can push my walker with both hands now so I feel more stable in spite of the horrendous pathologic fracture of my left humerus. I don't get tired at that distance, but if I did I could turn the walker around (we call it Mom's stroller) because there's comfortable seating on the opposite side.

I'm either getting stronger (from the 14th blood transfusion, or the chemotherapy or simply from walking more.  It's only my arm that hurts - badly - but morphine helps.  Also, I had radiation to that area right after the fracture, so it's fairly dead to pain.

Number One son landed his first real legal job.  He passed and was admitted to the bar a month ago and now he's clerk to the Chief Justice of the Hawaii Supreme Court.  I guess if you want a legal career there's no harm in beginning at the top. We're all feeling very proud. It's just about the only suit and tie job on Oahu, everyone else wears aloha shirts.  Me, I wear crops.

1 comment:

  1. Great news about your walk, and about your son's job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails