On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Strong fingers

Do you remember when you were fix or six years old and learning how to weave loops into pot-holders? It was my first and greatest of the kids' crafts.

Now it's all come back to haunt me.  The fingers on my left had are in genuine pain, a leftover from the shoulder mash. I've been offered some finger exercises to practice and, I'm finding that weaving for my kitchen works well too!  I feel like a little kid sitting in front of the TV surrounded by loops, in and out, in and out.

I'll show you my work when I finish something.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it helps! My granddaughter is making them so she can earn money for competitive ballet. Sometimes the loops make "potholders" that are way too small to work as a potholder but they work great as coasters! So either way yours turn out, they'll be useful and maybe your fingers will get better in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that kind of weaving well--I hope it's a being a fun way to get exercise/therapy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails