On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, July 08, 2013

Among the living

This was an easy day -- one blood draw followed by a visit to the oncologist. My fingers still feel mashed, but it's getting better.

Last night, in a poignant moment, Oldest Daughter asked me, Mom, is there anyone who counts you in the land of the living?  I couldn't think of anyone, I keep getting hints that I'm on my way out.

Mom, do you count yourself as being in the land of the living? Yes.  Mom, I count you among the living.  You should be living and acting with the living, others can be with the dying.

So, that gave my a new burst of energy and I was up most of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Good for your daughter! Glad that was an easy day too. HOpe you have more. Have your numbers improved any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the energy has lasted :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails