On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tired of it all

I am so very, very tired of this broken arm, slings and casts, etc. I really need the use of my left arm so I can knit and cross-stitch, etc., but it isn't happening.  I take so much morphine and medical marijuana (legal in California) to keep pain under control. Tomorrow I see the bone guys.

The wind has been blowing - hard - for about five days. I can hear creaks in the roof, a bit eerie, to be sure.

Oldest Daughter brought over her boys on Sunday so we finally celebrated Christmas and exchanged gifts. Maybe that means I can draw and paint again - something I haven't done since last October.  That used to be the main purpose of blogging.

Aside from all that, I actually feel well, just a tad frustrated.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back. So your arm is still doing pretty badly and not usable. That does make things hard to do. What if you stick some poster putty down and adhere a paper to it in the corners so it will hold the paper while you draw with the other hand. Even if it's not your dominant hand you will get some practice in. Cross stitch is a bit harder. I think you really need two hands unless someone wants to thread your needles for you and you have a standing frame. Do you have a drawing app and a tablet? Maybe that could give you some one-handed ability. I hope it heals fast for you. It's been a while now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails