On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Weekending

We woke up to a bright sunny day without a single medical appointment on the calendar.  I went out for a shampoo and trim and feel so much better.

Whole Foods has an orange juice machine like the Zumo machines in Spain. Two cups didn't even begin to squelch my thirst, but it was delicious. We ran errands all over town and are taking advantage of nap time now. Oh, and the new recliner was delivered - luxury!

2 comments:

  1. I tried to leave a comment from my Iphone but it didn't come through.

    I am so glad you had a nice day. It must have felt good to be free of appointments and able to relax with a shampoo and haircut. I get fresh orange juice when I visit my son. It does taste good! Hope you have more days like this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails