On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Swimming thru eggs

What could possibly be better than a 3-day holiday in my very own home?  I slept late, I sorted yarns and flosses and made plans for various crafts projects.

The weather simply couldn't be any more lovely - although light rain is due very soon. We've been walking up and down the street passing out dozens of beautiful brown eggs straight from the hen herself. Four productive girls produce almost four eggs every day.  Want some?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a weekend! I read an old cookbook where they would use a dozen eggs to make cake. The whites were for an angel food and the yolks for a family sponge cake. I tried doing that but the sponge cake was just too "much" somehow and I couldn't eat it. How about egg foo yong? That's a great dinner using eggs. I don't make little patties but pour the whole batch into a skillet at once and then cut it into quarters to flip and cook the other side. Uses a lot less oil!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails