On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, May 06, 2013

Ow!

It rained heavily this afternoon, YES!, so the weather is clearly shifting. Folks were waiting for some stoppage so they could plant something colorful and lovely.  I'm waiting for my arm to mend. Tomorrow I go to the orthopedist to get a hanging sling, whatever that may be.  It's used for undone dangling shoulders and the like.

Gradually I'm getting better, if slow counts for improvement.  It hurts like a son of a gun, if three weeks of agony counts.

I slide gingerly out of bed and sort of screech my way to the floor, hoping that will help. It really hurts, that's all I can say, really.

Youngest daughter was away all weekend so Steve and I had some free time to ourselves, wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. I just remember how much my son's foot breakage hurt. Even with a cast and surgery it hurt. In fact, although he is finally back at work and will do a little dancing on it, he is not back to heavy usage. I don't know if he will get back to surfing anytime soon. His foot still hurts and it's been about 10 months. Of course, you don't bear your body's weight on your arm but don't expect it to be all better soon. His pain did decrease but I'd say it took at least a couple of months to be termed bearable. I was surprised because my husband never complained when he broke his foot except to say he didn't think it totally healed for two years but he has a very high tolerance for pain. I hope the new sling will help some. Do they say that your bones are getting stronger now that you are done with the radiation? Make sure you get more than calcium in your diet too. You also need potassium for those bones (found in greens, bananas and watermelon). I read once that Americans concentrate on calcium but we can absorb too much sodium and calcium and then NOT have room to absorb the others mineral salts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails