On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Higher than usual

I wish I had an infant puppy to hold in odd hours. Sweet, yes?

Today was the first day of radiation. Zap! There is always the question of what kind of cells got hit, healthy or not?  I might need the very one they shot.

The day was solid with errands.  I now have all the embroidery threads, pillow cases printed and not, needles, knitting needles and yarn, crochet book and hook and whatever I'm forgetting that allows for hand stitchery.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara - Nothing lifts the spirits and quiets your soul more than holding a puppy close and letting them nuzzle. Yes, sweet!

    Thinking of you every day..........
    Hugs, Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a new puppy. He's older. We got him at 4 months from the shelter. He has a bit of a curved back and weak hind legs so they didn't think anyone would want him. He was up for euthanasia as early as the day after I found him so we snatched the poor little terrier up. He's a sweetie, our little Biscuit. At first yes, he let me hold him a lot but now he wants me to throw a ball constantly! The other dogs want to play when he is playing and I find it almost impossible to play with one big dog and two little ones at the same time in my little house. They start to bark and I am too close to neighbors to allow that!

    Sounds like you have had fun shopping! I bought a book of crocheted $10 I was a little surprised. Guess I shouldn't have given all my old books to the library!

    And finally, I sure hope they shot the right cells too! Hope you have a relaxing and pain free (at least less) weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails