On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Four out of five - done!

Tomorrow is my final radiation treatment to my left arm - to kill off the tumor(s) and help with pain relief. Apparently I am officially an invalid - I own four wooden canes, a walker for one-armed users, an awesome walker and a borrowed wheelchair. I could open a store.

I won't feel functional, however, until the cast is removed, it's truly debilitating, truly.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the cast is awful. My son was so glad when it was removed but it serves a really good function and your arm would probably still be hurting more than it does without it. My son still can't do much with his foot but he's gone back to work. He can't dance, surf or run as it still hurts too much after a week of being on it at work. This is now almost 11 months after shattering his foot and getting the surgery. It will take time but I hope you will be able to do more when the cast is off.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails