On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, May 02, 2013

After this comes .......

Next week I figure out what will happen to my dangling arm and shoulder.  In the meantime it's just hanging in a black sling until a heavy sling is applied in an office appointment next week. Hopefully, the two pieces will fall into place and meld together and I'll be well in another six weeks or so.  Then we can move on to the next crisis.

The temp has been in the 90s today so it is really summertime for now. I need to to get back into drawing and knitting and finding new ways to journal my day. This has been a totally horrific spring/summer so far........














1 comment:

  1. Maybe I wasn't paying attention but I sure hope this isn't your dominant arm?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails