On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, February 25, 2013

The list of lists

I have so much trouble with time travel that it frankly amazes me when I arrive at Place B after a night of traveling.  We are staying at a Bay Area hotel, close to the airport, and waking up in San Francisco.  I can manage that much.  Then we (drive) across the Pacific Ocean and wake up in the lovely blue of the Pacific where it will he sunny and and blue and staff will be in the midst of morning chores. The kids will meet us and the party starts!  Number One son is taking the bar exam next week and will finish on Wednesday, just in time to greet us next Thursday.

Steve and I shopped for Honolulu clothes for me this afternoon so now I have peasant blouses and shirts to go with crops and sandals.  It should work.  My biggest concern is medication since I'm traveling with narcotics.  There are three states without reciprocal prescriptions, Hawaii being one.  For travel there you have to see a doctor and have a new scrip written.  It's bad enough that I have to have everything in the 3-ounce or smaller bottles, but even that isn't enough.

We've begun packing. I have tiny amounts of this and that - the advantage of making this a short trip.  Our Kindles are stacked so we have have enough bedtime reading for the entire year.  We're finishing up daytime chores that have to be attended to before we can leave - shampooing the dogs, clearing out the 'fridge - getting books back to the library.  My list is longer than my height (I'm tall.)

I'll make it, I always do, but I'm an old invalid this year; it's harder!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You are almost underway! I would think a doctor in Hi would call your doctor if you have his/her number to make it easier to okay a medicine refill. Let's hope it will be easy and that your whole trip will go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails