On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Kudos to them

This has been such a very long day! I need to figure out how to stay awake longer, but it's very difficult to do.  I did read the newspaper - the parts Steve didn't read to me.  Now he's in the kitchen baking pork chops for dinner, but I have almost no appetite.  Truly, he's the best caregiver anyone could ever hope for.

We celebrated Valentine's Day in a minimal way. I can't sit up at the table very often any more, but some days I try.

Breakfast went better.  A friend makes the best peach preserves and these were especially tasty - good on top of English muffins so the the jammy parts sink into the holey parts. The rest of the evening I plan
to snag a pillow and call it an reading time. I'm so very tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails