On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, January 11, 2013

It's come to that

This is my 20th day in the hospital using patience as a primary treatment. It hasn't worked so I'm scheduled for surgery this afternoon.  There will be two procedures - change the stent which keeps me from developing another round of hydronephrosis (15 minutes) and then the main surgery to identify and clear the small bowel obstruction. No one knows whether that will turn out to be a major or minor deal and won't know until they look. I may or may not end up in the ICU, depending on the nature of the surgery.

At any rate, you won't be surprised if I miss some blogging time, right?

3 comments:

  1. prayers and good thoughts to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your posts for some time and now find myself holding my breath as I read them. I am a nurse and that part of me wants to be there to clean up your upchuck and comfort you. Bless you, and know there are people rooting for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure hoping everything went well in surgery and now you'll be able to hold some food down. Thank God some doctors listen to the patients.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails