On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Lady with the tummy ache

Another quiet day, mostly propped up in bed with my laptop and Kindle.  I asked for - and got - a leave of absence from Juvenile Hall because I cancel every other time and, as the pain has gotten worse, I've had to cancel more.  Besides, I can no longer drive with some of the meds I take, so getting there would be a challenge.  I'll be officially out for at least one month, possibly two.

In the meantime, most of the art supplies I ordered have arrived so, one of these days, I need to move to my kitchen table studio and start painting.  I still want to open my Etsy shop on January 1 and then spend the year 2013 in stocking it.

It's raining again and is expected to be tomorrow. Then we begin to have more sunny days than rain before it starts all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails