On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This, this, this and this

What a mixed-up day.  I had two morning telephone appointments with doctors - one to discuss outpatient surgery next January, the other to see how the new medications are working (well!).

I re-planted one window box and one round color bowl with flowers that will winter over, I hope, and I refilled the bird feeders that the house-finches enjoy so much.

I shopped and ran errands and took myself out for a chicken noodle and veggie lunch at the closest bakery, a favorite haunt for us old folks.

By evening it was raining and we weren't sure how that would impact Halloween trick-or-treating.  The numbers are definitely down - we usually have over 200, but I don't think we'll reach that this night.  Still, it was fun to open the door and see who came by with their costumes and buckets.  There's a lit jack-o-lantern on the front steps to welcome them.

And all evening, while we were answering the door, we had the TV news on and watched the storm devastation left by Sandy.  It's absolutely mind-boggling, I don't know you bounce back after all that. I feel so sorry for everyone and there's not a single thing I can do about it from my rainy post here in northern California.  But the other half of the nation is certainly on my mind this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails