On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Still whining

Steve spent the weekend in Fort Bragg where he was blessing animals after this morning's service.  I think St. Francis Day is one of his most favorite events.

They were blessing animals here too, but I didn't make it.  That's unfortunate because Brix could have sure used the extra help.  Or I could have turned up with a chicken.  One year Steve blessed a camel, a dromedary and a bucket of worms.

 I still don't feel well, I can't stay on top of the pain and I'm watching myself turn into a grouchy old woman.  I've never whined so much in my life as I have this past year.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the last week of radiation.  Aside from the commute it hasn't been bad at all and usually I was there and home within a couple hours.

Most of the drive is through dairy cow country with some egrets thrown in.  One of the many things I love about this area is how much is within a short distance.  San Francisco is an hour away, the vineyards begin here and go for miles, the ocean is spittin' distance and the Sierra Mountain Range is not much further.  What's got me bummed these days is that I see all that, but don't feel well enough to take advantage of such luxury.  Dang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails