On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Not dead yet

The nice thing about iPods is that you can take your own picture so folks will recognize you when you're out and about.  I don't look like I'm dying, do I??  I don't think so either.  I just have to take care of those two little masses to learn which ones are tumors and which ones are just me.

In the meantime, I walked almost two miles today, just doing errands.  More and more I'm foregoing the car for short hops when I need the exercise.  I'm still losing weight, which is good.  I bet I'm the only woman in California whose driver's license stated weight is actually more than my actual weight!  And that's my new license, the one I got last month.

I'll be in class tonight so will have to watch Bill Clinton via reruns or YouTube.  This election means the world to me.  So many will suffer if we go back to the W years which got us into this mess.  I don't think enough people understand that the world almost fell off its axis in his last months of power and that it's taking a long time to undo the mess that he created.  Did you notice that he was hardly mentioned at the Republican convention?  They don't want us to remember how the financial collapse happened, they want to pretend Obama did it!  Guess what, I remember!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails