On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

All tuckered out

Poster drawn by Pete Scully
Youngest Grandson and I enjoyed a lovely four hours on the University of California (Davis) campus this afternoon with about 10 sketchers.  It was YGs first sketch crawl and a good introduction.  He said he hopes to go again.

The Davis group usually meets each month and they are warm and welcoming.  It was the second time I had joined them and was looking forward to returning.

While we were drawing, Oldest Daughter and Oldest Grandson were having a day in Sacramento, just up the road a bit.  We regrouped at Starbucks and eventually went out for an outdoor dinner at a Thai restaurant she had been wanting to try - and for good reason, it was delicious!

So it was a long day, I'm tired, but it was well worth the effort.  And, miracle of miracles, I was feeling well and almost keeping up with the pain for the entire day.  Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails