On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A sorta slump

This was a so-so day.  The morning was free here at home and I felt well.  Then I attended our local cancer group meeting which was more fun than not.  There were 12 of us this week and some of us are currently in treatment.

I had to leave the meeting early to get to my radiation appointment.  It was quick and easy, but somehow I got behind on my pain medication schedule and was in tears during the drive home.  Lesson learned:  Bring meds along!  The pain isn't from the radiation, it's from the tumor that the radiation is treating.

I had hoped to get to my art class, but the pain issue set me back for several hours. I crawled back into bed to read and doze.  And now, I'm back on board!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails