On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tomato season in Wine Country

I didn't plant tomatoes until late May this year and I only planted Early Girls because they seem to grow best in my rather shallow containers.  Finally, I have my own home grown produce this season!  I sent Oldest Daughter home with a dozen last weekend and picked these for myself this morning.

I also bought several other varieties at the Farmers' Market yesterday, my theory being that you can never have enough tomatoes or types of tomatoes in the kitchen, especially if they're fresh and tasty, not the supermarket kind.  We eat them out of hand, in salads, sliced on sandwiches and dropped into omelettes.   Should one not quite make it, well, the chickens will think it's Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails