On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, August 24, 2012

October, here I come

The radiation consult is scheduled for next week.  I'm expecting to be scheduled - and done - during September.  I'm also expecting to be good to go after that, that this is a blip to deal with and then I can move on.  Fingers are crossed in that direction anyway.

We have such limited southern exposure in our home that I didn't buy a succulent from this morning's Farmers' Market - but I wanted to.  If we had one more window I would fill it with a little cactus collection.

My other errand, after the market, was to buy a spool of thread.  We have a nice quilt shop that opened about two years ago after a really great one, one of the best in the county, closed in retirement.  I don't sew or quilt, but last week I chose a tunic pattern I've been looking at for several months.  Now that I'm losing weight and highly unlikely to gain it back I've gotten more interested in choosing new clothes.  And now that my hair is white I'm noticing that pale colors make me look washed out and, well, pale.  So bright colors suit me better this year.  The fabric I picked for the tunic is a bright dark pink and the pattern is super easy with no buttons or zippers.

If I like it as much as I expect to I'll call it my uniform and make 25 or 30 more.  Well, not really, but I don't do things by halves.  It will be a uniform top that will work with jeans or black pants or cords, any of the above.  I will be very happy.  My sewing machine, a Kenmore, is almost 50 years old.  I used it to make flannel nighties for Oldest Daughter.  That was a very long time ago.

Oh, and on the way out of the store - just popped in to buy thread for this pattern - I signed up for a beginner's quilt making class for two Sundays in October.  I believe in keeping busy......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails