On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, August 03, 2012

Home alone

Youngest Daughter is in her day program and Steve took Youngest Grandson on the ferry to San Francisco.  One dog is sleeping on my foot and two others are hunkered down nearby.  The chickens are squawking up an egg, at least I hope that's what the noise is about, and I can hear the whine of a drill on nearby construction.  It may be Busy Town, but you'd never know it from me, sitting here in my jammies listening to sounds.  A second cup of coffee would help a lot.

Today is Farmers' Market day, must get over there.  It will seem odd to go alone, without YG, but we need fruit and veggies.  I could even walk and cover the exercise base at the same time.  I need to keep drawing and painting because class begins in 2-1/2 weeks and I don't want to start off with stiff fingers and rusty skills.  I still need to plant the agapanthus I chose two weeks ago and everything seems dry even though we water almost daily.  The dogs need to be walked because Steve left early and didn't do it, but I need to be walked too so that's okay.  I'm behind in my reading and owe several people responses to their letters.  I don't have to concern myself with bill paying because everything is automatic these days - funds go in and out and we never see anything anymore, something I truly appreciate.  But I will hand over real cash to the vendors at the market, the only time in a week I actually touch money.  The new Farm Trails listings came in this morning's newspaper - we still read newspapers in touchy-feeling print form - so I can scavenge the county during the summer harvest.

This is a Day Off.  I don't have nearly enough of these even though life is in the slow lane most days.  But a truly empty day with no pressing demands except for those internally driven, no one in this country has enough of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails