On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Height of the season

Farmers' Market was inundated with shoppers this morning.  The weather was warm-turning-hot and the tone was upbeat and lively. Folks seemed willing to stand in short lines while growers and buyers chatted about the produce.  The java lady remembered my usual order so I guess Youngest Grandson and I are now among her regulars.

Lunch was off the cover of bon appétit magazine - on open-faced bakery bread sandwich with heirloom tomatoes, feta cheese and olive oil.  Youngest Grandson watches cooking shows on TV and is quite knowledgeable about gourmet this and that.  Me, when left alone I still eat peanut butter on toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails