On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chilly night

It got up 101º F in Sonoma yesterday, but this evening, walking Demi and Brix, it's only in the low 60ºs and I wore a jacket.  A major fog bank is sitting on the coast so tomorrow will be brisk.

Steve was working in Fort Bragg this morning.  It's about 3-1/2 hours north and he was there for the weekend.  When he got home today I had a Father's Day dinner prepared that was as confused as the weather.  There was a traditional pot roast full of winter root veggies and a summer salad with spring greens, raspberries, calamari olives, pea shoots and I forget what else.  He was so pleased!

I've been pushing veggies and salads as I never have before.  The hope, of course, is that we're all stuffed with antioxidants and will live forever, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails