On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, May 18, 2012

A view from the pew

Cathedral of St. Andrew
Honolulu, Hawaii

I like to visit churches when I travel and St. Andrew's went out of their way to be welcoming.

Today is a lazy day.  I'm a bit jet-lagged, am waiting to hear about two faraway friends in surgery today, and, although I feel well, all that's getting done is playing (losing) multiple rounds of Words with Friends online.  (If you're on Facebook, please challenge me!)

The weather here in northern California is gorgeous and I plan to do a little gardening later.  I planted tomatoes, marigolds and sunflowers the day we left town and everything is doing well this week.  Sunflowers are just about my favorite so it's a joyful moment to notice which seeds are popping through the soil.  I want to sink some more into the ground this afternoon.

I can hear the chickens crowing about the eggs they just laid (Look at mine, look at mine!) so it may be time to stir up some egg salad for weekend sandwiches.  We eat many more eggs now that we have our own chickens, but far less meat.  I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but they sure are tasty when they are just hours old!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about eggs overall. My husband has gallstones and has been told to stay away from fats and eggs if he doesn't want surgery.
    The church is very pretty. Fancier than most Catholic churches but similar to any older cathedral.

    I'll have to check WWF to keep you challenged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, St. Andrew's is the Episcopal cathedral of the Diocese of Hawaii!

      You're keeping me plenty challenged with WWF!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails