On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Getting things done

Finally!  Today is the 19th day of the 8th and final chemotherapy cycle and I feel really well.  I'm trying to pull things together - quickly - so I can start my new life on May 11th when I'll be officially done.

All week I've been making noises about how we really need to build a real gate for the chicken pen - I won't tell you what we've been doing for the last two years, - but it had a lot to do with curling back chicken wire and ducking under.  So we set today as the day - me excited about this project and Steve not so much.  We started off at the hardware store, the hardest part, then went to the bakery for coffee, the easiest part and set to work.  Steve set the two affected poles in concrete and I screwed together four boards with mending plates (a total of 32 screws) and stapled more chicken wire on the back.  He hinged one pole and mounted a hook on the other.

Done!  I crossed off a big DIY on my to-do list.  The hens are very happy.  Steve is very happy.  I am very happy.  I'm in motion!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes things like gates just have to simmer a while. I have my laundry half painted and now it's sitting waiting for my husband to move the freezers out so i can paint behind them. I sure open I don't have to wait two years!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails