On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Planning ahead

After a series of tearful meltdowns last night I was delighted to realize I had absolutely nothing scheduled for today.  I woke up at about 11:00 this morning, played a game of Solitaire on my cell phone and went back to sleep.  The entire day has been like that and I'm not complaining.  I keep thinking about summer, how I'm going to devote the entire summer to getting strong and healthy again....

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are being kind to yourself and that is good. I often play solitaire on my phone, its very addictive. We have snow here in Britian today after scorching temperatures last week, I also am looking forward to the summer, Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addictive is right! I miss snow so much, I grew up in Illinois (central US) and snow was an annual given.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails