On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Nerd quits - The end of International Fake Journal Month, 2012

Nerd has retired.  I liked the project I chose, I just don't want to do it and it's keeping me from what I might get enthusiastic about.  I made it through five feeble entries this year - I usually stop at two.  Goodbye, Nerd, you were a wonderful character, but not for me, at least not now.

Buley's human mom came to pick her up yesterday afternoon so the house feels suddenly empty.  After two weeks of her warmth and comfort I can only miss her and hope she'll return during her folks' next vacation.  Some dogs are just extra special, and Buley, for sure, is one of those.

"Every day will be better" - I keep telling myself over and over.  Today is Day Six of the 21-day cycle.  The achy jaw and joint pain seems to be dissipating and the fatigue is more manageable.  Last night I was so tired I fell asleep in my clothes, don't know when I last did that.  I have little appetite and no energy, but it will get better, it will.

1 comment:

  1. Five is better than two. I didn't even join this year although I enjoyed it the last two years.

    Your appetite will slowly come back now won't it? And your strength?

    I hope Buley's people want to go on lots of vacations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails