On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Light at the end

Sonoma Plaza
Today was a close to normal day, YES!  Although crisp and breezy outdoors, there was sun which radiated hopefulness as everything brightened.

I'm sort of on a mission to Get Things Done since everything fell apart during the last two weeks.  With three labrador retrievers I absolutely have to do some vacuuming every day of the year.  That means dusting too - if it isn't fur, it's dander.  Leaves are taking over the deck - I need to sweep - and all the laundry Steve has washed and folded is just sitting there.  But at least I can continue what I began yesterday and keep it up until everything falls apart again on April 20, the last, the very last, chemotherapy cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails