On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, April 07, 2012

It's come to this

I woke up this morning feeling great and ready to work through a list of errands.  By the time I got to Errand #2 in a local pharmacy, I was so wobbly that I was looking for a place to sit and recoup.

Errand #3 was in a supermarket.  When I saw the motorized cart by the door the light bulbs started flashing.  I was already wondering how I could make it from the door to the grocery aisles and had sat down on a bench for a minute between the parking lot and the store.

Lemme tell you!  I had more fun shopping today than I've had in the past hundred years!  I went up and down the aisles at least three times each, bought far more than my list required and relished every moment of it.  I wish I had considered this option a few months ago when I first started complaining about the near fainting thing I do (and obviously hasn't been resolved).  I won't need this kind of service in a couple months, but I was certainly grateful for it today.

4 comments:

  1. Now that's what they are there for. Now if your husband decides to drive one when he is shopping with you, will you please drive single file? I have been stuck behind couples who think they can drive side by side on these things! I hope you find empty handicapped parking spaces close to the door too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic that the motorized cart was there when you needed it & that you allowed yourself to have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the motorized carts were for the old and infirm! (!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that I've looked longingly at those carts! They look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails