On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, February 17, 2012

One day at a time

The goal today was to keep it calm.  Youngest Daughter went back to work, I snuffled my way through the day and Steve is trying not to be the next victim.

It's just a cold, it's just a cold - but the truth is that the cold is making me much more miserable than any side effects from chemotherapy!  Keep that in mind.  Should you ever be diagnosed with the big C - and I hope you aren't - the chemo may well be easier than the common cold.

Somehow that gives me no comfort at all...

1 comment:

  1. Actually that does help me. Yes, the common cold causes one to be miserable but till now I had nothing to compare chemo to and that is something that is so scary to most people. At least you can figure on just a few days of feeling totally rotten with the cold and then a week of not so good and then it'll be gone.

    I have been enjoying your series of people paintings. They look pretty happy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails