On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

After the storm

They let me out today, or at least that's what it felt like.  I had to go to the medical center for a nadir blood draw and, while I was on the loose I managed some minor retail therapy.  You can always use new art supplies, right?

Youngest Daughter was too ill for work, but is up and about.  Last night was the first night in months that I slept solidly and wasn't worried that the phone would ring or there would be emails and texts to deal with as soon as I woke up.  She was asleep in her bed, I knew she was fine (except for the cold) and the house was calm.

The three of us had dinner together when I returned and played another several hands of gin rummy.  You probably think that's all we ever do.  You would be right, we keep a running tally and play often when YD is here.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone needs to get out and feel free once in a while! And, I can imagine the feeling of comfort you feel knowing right where your daughter is and that her needs have been met. So what new art supplies did you get?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails