On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Yuk!

The wind is howling something fierce all of a sudden, like some major storm is whipping up.  I don't think rain is expected until Thursday but limbs and twigs are going to be pelting down with the gale force winds I'm hearing now.

Steve and I met with a dietician this morning to get some tips on how I can cram in some nutrition when I frankly never want to see food again.  One of the lesions is on my diaphragm and I think that's the one that rebels against dinner.  I feel like some old lady sipping my Ensure, but frankly, that's the only thing that's half-way palatable these days.  The dietician was helpful and came up with lots of suggestions to help us - and especially Steve, the chief cook and caretaker.  I've never been so un-hungry.

1 comment:

  1. Who would be hungry with your latest news? Sheesh, and you will also probably be unhungry when the chemo starts so it's good to have your Ensure! This is a great use for the stuff. Love your lady picture. You did a good job on her turned face.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails