On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, November 21, 2011

At seventy-five percent

The high point of my day was when the furnace technician stopped by.  (That was me on the floor kissing his feet.)  It was a thermostat issue, now repaired and we have a reliable heat source.  I tend toward being cold most of the time and now that I'm not feeling well I am completely debilitated by low temperatures.  I was starting to act like old people - the ones who stay in bed all day just to keep warm.

Today was a work day, mostly at Juvenile Hall.  I painted the elephant while I was with the boys.

The next two days I'll be home.  Cleaning.  Cleaning. Cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails