On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

I know the feeling

Demi is a certified social therapy dog and is allowed to be on a dog bed on the floor of my office.  But this is not Demi.

Brix is not allowed in my office, but when I walked by the open door I noticed he was already on the couch waiting for his therapist to arrive.  I didn't have the heart to remove him.

Yesterday I had a bone scan and today I got the results - stable, no new progressions.  So whatever is going on - and there are scores of lesions in my bones - no new ones have taken up residency.  This was the best possible outcome and made me very happy.

Tomorrow I'll have a CT scan and have my fingers crossed for the same outcome.  If that happens my oncologist would be accurate to call this recurrence a minor setback.  Unfortunately I probably won't know the results until Monday, but I'm feeling well and have reason to be hopeful.

I should go into my office and tell Brix all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails