On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cool, calm and Sunday

It doesn't get much calmer than this.  Youngest Daughter has been trying out a Board and Care home for the past 24 hours so Steve and I have been rattling around the house all by ourselves.  Well, ourselves and three dogs, one cat and five chickens outside.  It still feels exceedingly quiet around here.

How exciting!  We actually went out on a date!  I don't know when we last went to a restaurant, but, with no one needing looking after at home we were free to take a mile walk together and sit down to a served meal in pleasant surroundings.  We also slept in - no blood glucose to check - and so we got moving at our leisure.  I accomplished very little - high  energy yesterday, almost none today - but I also had no obligations so it was okay to move slowly.

Tomorrow, however, I have a planner full of have-tos.  Hope it all works out.

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely scene! Nicely drawn =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not been commenting lately, but I want you to know you are still in my prayers. It's been so busy that I've been checking all my blog friends, just not taking the time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and sunny and warm! And serene!! Wonderful, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your landscapes - they're so simple but so beautifully executed. They must look wonderful when you put them all together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails