On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Artichokes are now

There's something so truly decadent about sitting around dipping artichoke leaves in butter or something.  They mix well with both conversation or television, any sort of indolence matches up well.

I've actually been busy this week.  Sunday through Wednesday (tomorrow) have been so heavily scheduled - 36 hours on the calendar -- but Thursday through Saturday will be much calmer.  I just have one more night to get home late (10:30), and then I can coast through the rest of the week.  

Beginning Thursday, artichoke time. 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your artichoke time, Barbara. And I wrote about you on my blog today: without you, my good thing for today would never have happened--so many thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lucky you! You're taking an art class! This looks wonderful! And I do love artichokes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh these are gorgeous. I am so happy I found your blog this morning, it is a wonderful way to enjoy my coffee and get ready to face the day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails