On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Old woman + school = contentment

It isn't the first value scale I've constructed, but it's the first time an instructor required that it be done in acrylic.  The increments look a tad better in real life, but you get the idea.  I'm enjoying my color theory class.  We meet for three hours twice a week and have lots and lots of projects to work our way through.

All the college sections of the same class have the same curriculum and same assignments so I'm not messing with anyone's paid work in showing what we're working on.  In fact, we were given an overview of everything on the very first day so folks could decide whether to stay in or drop out.  It's all quite public.

I haven't been on campus for a few years and it's a real treat to be back.  I haven't been able to find any day classes that fit my schedule and kept telling myself I didn't have the stamina to arrive home at 10:30 at night.  Apparently I do, I'm loving this!  I have audio books to keep me company while I drive so my reading quota is on the increase too and my brain doesn't feel quite so mushy these days.

Yeah, school!

1 comment:

  1. Aah, a color theory class. I don't enjoy them for the most part. I like to dive into my paintbox and see what happens. I do of course, have some basics down. It might be good for me to take a class like this but I don't always do what is good for me :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails